As advocates for Colorado consumers, CTLA understands how important our presence is in the community. Through volunteerism and philanthropic giving, we can make a difference in people's lives and the greater Colorado community.
To facilitate an increased presence in the community, CTLA has launched a Community Outreach Program. CTLA members and staff will be given a variety of opportunities throughout the year to give their time and/or money to charitable causes. If you have an idea for a Community Outreach project or need a partner for an existing project, please contact Nick Jurjovec.
Colorado Trial Lawyers Care (CTLC) allows CTLA members to bring together resources to help those in need. Whether the situation is a natural disaster such as flooding, victims of crime, the need for legal assistance or other hardships, CTLC can take action and quickly provide support.
CTLC started with a $10,000 bequest from the estate of CTLA Past President Dan Patterson. As a team, we can continue to make a difference for those who face difficult challenges in our communities.
Download a donation form and make a contribution today to Colorado Trial Lawyers Care, 303 E 17th Ave, Ste 320, Denver, CO 80203.
CTLC has 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
End Distracted Driving Campaign
The Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) joins the Casey Feldman Foundation and EndDD.org to inspire individuals and communities to take action to end distracted driving. CTLA needs members to help make our communities safer places to live by providing End Distracted Driving campaign presentations at Colorado schools, community groups, civic organizations and other gatherings.
These educational and inspiring talks will present the sobering statistics of our current safety crisis. They will share true stories of the costs of distracted driving and offer simple steps that drivers can use immediately to help themselves and others around them End Distracted Driving.
EndDD.org and the Casey Feldman Foundation were established in memory of Casey A. Feldman who was just 21-years-old when a distracted driver struck her while reaching across the center console for a drink.
Joel Feldman, Casey’s father and a lawyer, leads this effort nationally and CTLA plans to help him succeed in saving lives. If you are interested in participating in the End Distracted Driving Campaign, please contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 831-1192.
How to get started:
1. Contact Nick at CTLA by phone (303) 831-1192 or email email@example.com and tell him you want to get involved.
2. Download an End Distracted Driving contact kit. This includes a sample letter and enclosures for you to send to a school, community group or another organization.
3. Contact the school or group you selected. Don't wait! Some schools and organizations book programs a few months out. Identify two or three people you can contact.
4. Tell Nick at CTLA the date your presentation will be held.
5. Connect with your coach. We'll assign you a "coach" - a fellow member who can let you know what to expect and how to tailor the ready-made presentation to suit your group. If you prefer, your coach can pair you up with another member to do the presentation together.
If you have concerns or need help at any point, please contact Nick at CTLA. Review information and news about our initiative, and check on our partners' sites EndDD.org, CaseyFeldmanFoundation.org and 60forSafety.org. Again, thanks for joining our campaign to empower teens and adults to change driving behaviors and save lives.