2020 Case of the Year Award
The Case of the Year Award acknowledges the positive impact that a single case can have on correcting injustices, advancing fairness under the law, changing attitudes or providing economic incentives to protect public safety. To make a nomination, click on the nomination form below.
The award could be given for either an appellate or trial result or for an important settlement, which was resolved at some level in 2020. A LAWSUIT MUST HAVE BEEN FILED IN THE CASE. Success is NOT necessarily a requirement. THE AMOUNT OF AN AWARD OR SETTLEMENT IS IRRELEVANT. The award recognizes any combination of the following:
· the case is unique
· the lawyer(s) and client(s) faced a significant challenge or overwhelming odds;
· it resulted in a positive change in the law;
· it helped increase awareness of a societal injustice;
· it created a change in public safety;
· it has broad public impact;
· it righted a particularly grievous wrong;
· it exemplifies the ideals of CTLA;
· the lawyers(s) represented the under-represented;
· the attorney(s) on the case do not need to be CTLA members.